We, the Ukrainian Community in Denmark and friends of Ukraine, are writing to the Government of Russia. We are deeply upset and shocked with Russian intervention which began with annexation of Crimea in March 2014 and continued with support and organization of armed separatist-terrorist movements in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, so called “DNR” (Donetsk People Republic) …and “LNR” (Luhansk People Republic) who’s main goals are separation and destabilization of Ukraine.
Activities of such groups are an integral part of “hybrid” war conducted by Russia against Ukraine which is confirmed by irrefutable evidences of involvement of Russian military and special operations personnel in organization of and participation in the separatist-terrorist movements.
There are numerous evidences of illegal supply of materials along with light and heavy weapons (including tanks, artillery, multiple rocket launchers and surface to air missile systems) from Russia to the terrorist groups.
There are documented cases of shelling of Ukrainian territory by mortars, artillery and missiles from the Russian territory.
According to National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine , on 23 July 2014, Russia has concentrated on its border with Ukraine 41000 troops, 150 tanks, 400 of armored vehicles and 500 artillery systems.
Aforementioned war activities conducted by Russia lead to numerous civilian casualties of Ukrainian citizens and citizens of other counties as it was in the case with flight MH17.
Along with military aggression against Ukraine, Russia kidnaps Ukrainian citizens on Ukrainian territory as in the case with Ukrainian pilot Nadiya Savchenko, illegally detains Ukrainian citizens as in the case with Ukrainian movie director Oleg Sentsov and Ukrainian reporter Yevgeny Agarkov.
Russia bluntly put the sovereignty and integrity of Ukraine under a threat and violates:
• provisions of the UN Charter;
• Final Act of the Conference on Security & Cooperation in Europe, 1975;
• the terms of Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, 1994;
• Agreement about Friendship, Cooperation and Partnership between Russian Federation and Ukraine, 1997.
Regarding this we are requesting Russian Government to take their agreed responsibilities accordingly to the international law and demand following:
1) Withdraw Russian armed forces from the territory of Ukraine and stop shelling Ukrainian territory;
2) Stop supplying terrorist organizations LNR and DNR with funds, materials and weapon;
3) Request terrorist organizations DNR and LNR to give up their arms;
4) Release kidnapped and detained Ukrainian citizens Nadiya Savchenko, Oleg Sentsov and Yevgeny Agarkov;
5) Stop spreading disinformation about events in Ukraine and not to interfere with the work of journalists.
With sincerest gratitude,